I dreamed I had an interview with God.我梦见我采访了上帝
“So you would like to interview me?” God asked“你想采访我么?”上帝问道
“If you have the time” I said. “如果您有时间的话”我说
God smiled 上帝微微一笑
“My time is eternity” “我的时间是永恒”
“What questions do you have in mind for me?” “你想问我什么问题呢?”
“What surprises you most about humankind?...” “您对人类最感到惊讶的是什么呢?”
God answered...上帝答道
“That they get bored with childhood. They rush to grow up and then long to be children again.” 他们厌倦童年,急着长大,却又渴望返老还童
“That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health.” 他们为赚钱失去健康,接着又花钱找回健康
“That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future.” 他们为将来而焦虑,忘却了现在,结果是既得不到现在,又得不到将来
That they live as if they will never die, and die as if they had never lived.” 他们活得好像永远不会死去,而等到死神降临却感到从未好好活过
God’s hand took mine and we were silent for a while上帝牵着我的手,我们沉默片刻
And then I asked... 然后我接着提问
“As a parent, what are some of life’s lessons you want your children to learn?”作为父亲,您有什么教训要让子民接受?
God replied with a smile上帝微笑作答
“To learn they cannot make anyone love them. What they can do is let themselves be loved.”他们得明白不可能硬要别人爱上自己,只能让自己被人所爱
“To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others.”他们得明白攀比全然无益
“To learn that a rich person is not on
“To learn that it on
and it takes many years to heal them.”
“To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.”他们得明白要怀着宽宥之心宽宥别人
“To learn that there are persons who love them dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings.”他们得明白确实有人很爱他们,但就是不知道如何表达自己的感情
“To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently.”他们得明白两个人看同一件事,可以有不同的看法
“To learn that it is not always enough that they be forgiven by others. But that they must forgive themselves.”他们得明白得到别人的原谅是不够的,他们得原谅自己
“And to learn that I am here always 他们得明白我会永远照看他们
评论